The profitability of offshore wind projects requires specific knowledge. Thanks to the experience developed by the 8.2 group, and acquired from all the main European offshore projects, we are able to provide our clients with invaluable support, through extensive expertise and a pragmatic approach.
All the appraisals made on onshore turbines can potentially be extended to offshore installations.
8.2 France is already involved in the first French offshore project, having in particular been responsible for the reception audit of the first French floating turbine, Floatgen.
For more information about offshore wind services please download our brochure here
IN-PLANT QUALITY CONTROL
As the inspection costs for offshore turbines are much higher than for onshore ones, it is important to control their quality prior to assembly.
On the strength of an initial 2 years experience at the Haliade wind turbine production plant in Saint Nazaire, 8.2 France can help you with all the strategic manufacturing stages.
We can thus provide you with assistance in the following areas:
- Quality control of turbines and offshore structures manufacturing
- Selection and assessment of potential suppliers
- Control of the specifications
- Control of the manufacturing and assembly
Wind’Occ: Offshore wind multi-services in Occitania
8.2 France has co-founded the marine renewable energy cluster Wind’Occ (within Cemater cluster) which aims to enhance the business development of offshore wind in the Mediterranean sea and create networking between Occitania local companies.
Clients will find a choice of complementary skills dedicated to this value chain.
For Start-ups, small offices, SMEs or Large Groups, research laboratories, educational or training establishments, associations and consultants in our territory, Wind’Occ opens its blades to all winds blowing in the same direction, to act together.
United, we can:
- Exchange, share and better understand requirements of clients
- Identify and broaden our territorial skills
- Have more visibility
- Sharing our costs and means of communication
- Develop our business
- Bid together to tenders
- Organize into colleges of the same competence
- Create a training center open to all
- Set up together R&D projects supported by competitiveness centers
- Promote the Occitania Region at national and international level by participating in trade fairs
- Build and develop together an employment area in Occitania around offshore wind