CALL OUR EXPERTS FOR A COMPLETE, EFFICIENT AND RELIABLE YIELD ASSESSMENT
In an increasingly competitive market, risk management is a major issue for investors. Based on its operating experience feedback, 8.2 France offers a wide range of services, aiming to assess wind and photovoltaic potential over the long term.
Production study reviews can be carried out as part of Due Diligence Techniques.
Ensuring optimal study conditions
- 8.2 France can validate your RSD (Remote Sensing Devices: LiDAR or SoDAR) from a measuring mast conforming to the CEI standard.
The purpose of this calculation is to check the performance of the RSD by comparing it to a measurement mast which will be used as a reference wind measurement
Preliminary checks concerning the site orography, the obstacles, the reports as well as the photos of the installation of the measurement mast and the SRD
MONITORING MEASUREMENT CAMPAIGNS
Ensuring optimal study conditions
Throughout the duration of your measurement campaign, 8.2 ensures the availability and validity of the measured data to provide a yield assessment tracking.
If the event of an anomaly is detected, we will alert you quickly.
Edite a monthly report
PRE-ESTIMATE OF THE PRODUCIBLE
A quick and independent estimate of production
A prior assessment gives promoters a good idea of the park’s production capacity.
Thanks to a preliminary analysis of the wind farm project, our experts are able to help developers to optimize the ratio “investment in the measurement campaign / uncertainty on the yield assessment” by proposing the best measurement strategy.
Methods suitable for onshore wind power:
* Statistical analysis of various long-term data sources to detect extreme weather events.
* Estimated wind potential using a CFD method.
* Determination of the net P50 taking into account losses (ex: losses from the wake effect, management plans, other losses).
* Assessment of all wind speed uncertainties in production uncertainties using the sensitivity factor to obtain the P90.
A methodology adapted to OFFSHORE:
• Calibration of roughness maps according to the classification of wind on water
• CFD and time series simulation to monitor unsuitable Weibull distribution related to land and sea breeze combinations
• Different models possible for simulating wake effects:
✓ Adaptation of existing models (PARK via Wake Decay Constant)
✓ Addition of a roughness layer (Deep Array models)
✓ Actuator disc simulation
• Calculation of uncertainties with the Monte Carlo method to manage risk
Extra strength: we are familiar with Lidar campaigns
Our expertise is also with solar power:
• Site visit: verification of site characteristics
• Taking into account satellite databases: selection of a data source according to its suitability for the site
• Calculation of energy distribution throughout the year by computer simulation (energy production, capacity factor, performance report)
• Analysis of the temperature of the photovoltaic modules
• Detailed calculation of production losses (dirt, IAM factor, PV conversion, irradiance level, temperature, shading, module quality, induced degradation light, discrepancy in the module network, wiring, inverter, auxiliaries, unavailability, …)
PRODUCIBLE STUDY REVIEW
An estimate of the real wind potential of a wind farm in operation
Review of existing energy performance assessments:
- Evaluation of the quality of the data measured on site and of the reference data,
- Qualitative examination of measuring instruments,
- General evaluation of the methodology applied and its compliance with the state of the art,
- Evaluation of the validity of the correlation with the long-term reference data,
- Evaluation of the characteristics of the wind turbine used (power curve …),
- Qualitative evaluation of the terrain and wake modeling,
- Assessment of the air density estimate and how it was used in the calculations
- Examination of systematic losses applied,
- Assessment of uncertainty calculations, P50 and P90,
- Review of reduction assumptions